After overseeing the building of our present church, Father Hauck promoted plans for a Catholic school. In the spring of 1922, construction began on a brick school on the corner of Maple and Third Streets, east of the church. Just a few months later, Sacred Heart School opened on September 4th welcoming grades 1-9.
Four Sisters of Charity arrived from Mount Carmel in Dubuque to staff the new school. The rectory was moved from the school site to north of the school. It was then used as a convent for the arriving sisters. In 1923, 10th grade was added and in 1924, a full high school curriculum was offered. Janice Schneider and Marcus McAleer were the first graduates of Sacred Heart School.
The Sisters of St. Francis came to teach at Sacred Heart in 1926. They served the parish and the school for 67 loyal years. Sister Madonna Friedman was the last of the Franciscans at the school, leaving in 1993.
On August 30, 1959, a new Sacred Heart High School building located south of the church was dedicated by Archbishop Leo Binz. The final high school graduating class was that of 1969. The building now houses Sacred Heart elementary students, in PreKindergarten – 6th grade.